Week 1 of the Select Series North Did Not Disappoint: Leaderboards, Games Recaps, Top Performances, & More.
The inaugural season of the 2D Sports Select Series North kicked off this past weekend at Ruston Sports Complex. Clear skies and warm temperatures made for some great baseball, and there was no shortage of hot bats and studs on the mound. Let’s recap the top teams, games, and players from this past weekend.
- Knights Knation Northeast 11u tallied 13 hits in their first game on Saturday. Moss Kennedy, Hank Reynolds, Garrett Smith, and Luke Powell all had multiple hits for Knights Knation Northeast 11u. Moss Kennedy went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Knights Knation Northeast 11u in hits. The Knights got things moving in the first inning. Luke Powell drove in one on his double. Knights Knation Northeast 11u pulled away for good with three runs in the second inning. In the second Moss Kennedy singled, scoring one run, Krew Flickinger singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run, and Hank Reynolds hit a RBI double. To cap it off, Knights Knation Northeast 11u scored eight runs in the fifth inning. Wiley Taylor, Chandler B, Moss Bradshaw, Hank Reynolds, and Garrett Smith each drove in runs during the inning.
- Twin City Captains – Underwood 11u stole the lead late in the game in a 9-8 victory over LA Havok 11u on Sunday. The game was tied at seven with Twin City Captains – Underwood 11u batting in the bottom of the fifth when Trace Carver singled to drive in the winning run. The Captains collected eight hits. Marshall McGowen and Tate Underwood each collected multiple hits for the Captains. Twin City Captains – Underwood 11u tore up the base paths, as three players stole at least two bases.
- Twin City Sox 12u bats exploded during this Sunday afternoon game, totaling 16 hits in their 21-0 win. Sheppard Brown, Devyn Downs, Jonbrayden Clack, John Breen, and William Long all managed multiple hits for Twin City Sox 12u. Jaxon Garner led Twin City Sox 12u with four stolen bases, as the Sox ran wild on the base paths with 20 stolen bases. Kade Luker was on the pitcher’s mound for Twin City Sox 12u. The righty lasted three innings, allowing two hits and zero runs while striking out eight and walking zero.
- BC Elite 12u defeated Twin City Captains – Zapata 12u 8-0 on Sunday as three pitchers combined to throw a 1- hit shutout to win 8-0. Carson Plant, Maddox Williams, and Cain Woodard all toed the rubber for BC Elite, throwing 4 strikeouts, 3 walks, and only allowing 1 hit over 5.0 IP. BC Elite 12u scattered 11 hits in the game. Carson Plant, Cole Snell, and Seth Jorstad all managed multiple hits for BC Elite 12u.
- In the most exciting and intriguing matchup of the weekend, a walk-off single by Owen O’Neil propelled Knights Knation Northeast Dejean 13u to a decisive, dramatic victory over Knights Knation Northeast Carr 13u, 7-6. Larry Maxwell drove in 3 runs on his double to the wall in the top half of the first extra inning for Knights Knation Northeast Carr 13u. They would later in the inning plate another run. However, Knights Knation Northeast Dejean 13u came storming back in the bottom half of that same inning with Cooper Crosby driving in 3 runs on his triple. Owen O’Neil played hero by driving in Cooper Crosby to win the game.
- Bats were blistered as Team Louisiana North Monroe (Spicer) 13u defeated Warriors 13u 15-10 on Saturday. Team Louisiana North Monroe (Spicer) 13u racked up 15 hits on the day. John Cade Zeigler, Christian Ponti, Ross Crigler, Elijah Spicer, and Larson Brock each managed multiple hits for Team Louisiana North Monroe (Spicer) 13u. John Cade Zeigler went 3-3 with 2 doubles, 1 single, and 2 RBI while Elijah Spicer tallied a Homerun, single, and 2 RBI. Warriors 13u racked up six hits in the game. Austin Smith and Bo Carter all collected multiple hits for Warriors 13u.
Top Plays & Highlights:
- John Cade Zeigler (Team LA – Spicer): .700 AVG, 1 (HR), 4 (2B), 2 (1B), 10 RBI / 4.0 IP, 10 K, 5 H, 3 BB, 3.50 ERA
- Austin Smith (Warriors): .455 AVG, 5 (1B), 2 RBI / 3.2 IP, 0.00 ERA
- Bo Carter (Warriors): .462 AVG 2 (2B), 3 (1B), 5 RBI / 3.2 IP, 3 K, 1 BB, 1.909 ERA
- Christian Ponti (Team LA – Spicer): .500 AVG, 2 (HR), 2 (2B), 1 (1B), 6 RBI
- Jackson Lee (Knights Knation – Carr): .566 AVG, 1 (HR), 4 (1B), 2 RBI / 3.2 IP, 7 K, 3 H
- Kason King (Knights Knation – Carr): .700 AVG, 1 (3B), 2 (2B), 4 (1B), 3 RBI
- Ryder DeJean (Knights Knation – DeJean): .500 AVG, 2 (2B), 3 (1B), 2 RBI / 4.0 IP, 10 K, 2 H, 3.50 ERA
- John Breen (Twin City Sox): .889 AVG, 1 (HR), 5 (2B), 2 (1B), 8 RBI
- William Long (Twin City Sox): 1.000 AVG, 2 (2B), 4 (1B), 2 RBI
- Kade Luker (Twin City Sox): .500 AVG, 1 (2B), 3 (1B), 4 RBI / 3.0 IP, 8 K, 2 H, 0 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Ryan Waits (Twin City Captains – Zapata): .714 AVG, 2 (2B), 3 (1B), 2 RBI
- Jack Lee (LA Legends): .714 AVG, 5 (1B), 2 RBI
- Kolt Vercher (LA Legends): .500 AVG, 2 (2B), 2 (1B), 4 RBI / 4.0 IP, 4 K, 3 H, 2 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Brayden Scott (Warriors): .778 AVG, 2 (2B), 5 (1B), 4 RBI
- Dallas Loche (Twin City Captains – Antee): .692 AVG, 2 (HR), 1 (2B), 6 (1B), 6 RBI
- Landon Derouen (BC Elite): .600 AVG, 2 (3B), 1 (2B), 3 (1B), 5 RBI / 3.2 IP, 4 K, 3 H, 1 BB, 1.636 ERA
- Branton Twiner (LA Havok): .667 AVG, 2 (2B), 2 (1B), 5 RBI
- Patrick Dilangro (Twin City Captains – Antee): .400 AVG, 4 (1B), 1 RBI / 4.2 IP, 5 K, 3 H, 2 BB, 2.571 ERA
- Ryan Harrell (Ruston Reds): .667 AVG, 2 (1B) / 3.0 IP, 4 K, 1 H, 2 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Nehemiah Lyle (BC Elite): 6.0 IP, 4 K, 3 H, 0 BB, 0.00 ERA
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) John Cade Zeigler
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) John Breen
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Dallas Loche
Up Next for North Select Series:
All age groups will be back in action again March 27-28 at Sterlington Sports Complex. You can view the schedules (once released) HERE.
Elevate the Standard of Youth Baseball | #Play2D